Do Trump supporters honestly understand those who oppose him?

Favorite Answer

I think part of the allure of supporting Trump is the sense that you don't have to care about those who oppose your ideas or him. Trump's message is more of a "my way or the highway" one, and I think it appeals to people who feel this country has forgotten about what's good for this country because it spends too much time worrying about what's good for the rest of the world.

Also, Trump supporters, in my experience, aren't one giant uniform group. Some support him because they're rich and he's good for them fiscally. Some because they're self-proclaimed racists and they want a President who favors white people. Some supporters think of him as a giant F-U to government in general. Pay back for years of corruption and incompetence from career politicians, but one thing they all seem to agree on is that they're not really interested or concerned with developing any understanding of his opposition beyond a rudimentary understanding just to further negative propaganda....ie; ripping the Green Deal or the Mueller Report. Ends justify the means I think for them so it doesn't matter how disingenuous the criticism is, the goal is to keep the base on board and motivated.

• Sfancik

Have they? I think Obama was criticized by Dems for being too accommodating to conservatives. Trying to get bipartisan support for things. But your comment supports how intoxicating that message is to conservatives...I think you'd agree that you care very little about compromising with liberals.

I won't try to speak for all Trump supporters, but I honestly think we understand the Trump haters much more than they do about us. You all relentlessly pound the "why we hate Trump" drum on a daily basis without any attempt at understanding why we support him... despite his obvious flaws. So what is left for us not to understand?

• kathy_is_a_nurse

Sfancik... You make my point. You can't give a concrete reason WHY you hate Trump, yet you say your hatred is visceral. People like you are why Trump will win. Americans need more than pure hatred in order to make decisions.

• Jeff S

Nope because they've been brainwashed by right wing radio and Fox News!

Keep in mind the lady interviewed at Justin Amash's townhall. She said that was the first time she heard Mueller's report said anything negative about Trump. She believed it exonerated Trump. Then she admitted she only listens to conservative news!!!

• Jeff S

Problem is you Trump supporters ignore the FACTS! FACT; Mcgahn testified Trump ordered him to fire the special counsel. FACT; Trump told Mcgahn to write a memo saying Trump didn't tell him to fire Mueller!

By ignoring the truth you're betraying the nation!

yes we do...........

Trump supporters are too stupid to understand much of anything.

• don r

No, they only bend to the hateful propaganda that tells them they are "The Master Race".

• don r

Nurse, Pennybags, you never studied European history, especially covering the 1930's forward. If you did, you flunked it.

• Thorn

Nope.

I am quite often amazed at how many cons/ trump fans are so completely wrong about;

democrats and liberals.

Understanding those with an opposing view requires mental effort that neither Trump supporters or Trump opponents see any value in. Why think when you can just hate?

No. Trump supporters only care about themselves.

• Integration 20

Somehow, my profile picture selection on this website triggers Democraps. Every week one of these snowflakes tells me to "take down that hideous picture", or "why is your pic so gay?" - typical left homophobia. 😂 😘 👌 Lolz

Not hard to figure out,....democrats are nothing more than sore loser crybabies who wear tinfoil hats

LOL zero just proved my point,...awwww her wittle fweelings are hurt

• hungryjoe

The actual German word you seek, Thorn is, "Dummheit"!