If a person got out of military with other than honorable discharge can they still get a VA Loan?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Generally, three types of discharges may be automatically acceptable to the VA when it comes to evaluating home loan eligibility: Honorable (HON), Under Honorable Conditions (UHC) and General (GEN).

• 2 months ago

• 6 months ago

No. You only get your veterans benefits if you get an honorable discharge or are medically discharged in which case that also serves as an honorable discharge. At one time there was no such thing as a general discharge under honorable conditions. That was instituted back in the late 70s for those that were kicked out due to their use of drugs and so that they might have a chance for a normal life and finding a decent job. Before that they were giving them a dishonorable discharge in most cases but they were crying about the stigma of that so much and how it ruined their chances for a future on the outside that the DoD decided to temper that by instituting and giving them a general discharge under honorable conditions. To many at one time and still to some all that is just a sugar coated way of saying a dishonorable discharge.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Hello,

Veteran status requires that service members are discharged or released from the military under conditions other than dishonorable. A veteran with a dishonorable discharge will not be eligible to participate in the VA Loan Guaranty program.

Just look somewhere else for loans. My friend told me that this site helped him immediately https://motivatedjay.com/credit%2Fdebt%2Floans

Check them out...

Cheers

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

I think you have to have an honorable discharge

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

that is a hard thing

• Joe
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Why didn't you get an honorable discharge ? Were you acting like an idiot while in the armed forces ? And now you want a handout from the very organization you dishonored ? What's the matter with you ?

• Wootie6 months agoReport

Medical discharge is still Honorable. Anything less means the person is a F**k-up.

• 6 months ago

No duh 🙄 or I get one got general discharge in basic for health

• 6 months ago

For the VA LOAN GUARANTEE you need anything other than a dishonorable discharge. Looks like you lucked out.

• 6 months ago

no they cannot, must be a honorable.

• 6 months ago

No they cannot.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.