my boyfriend got a huge fine from police bc he doesn t have a license to run a shop im trying to find the steps he needs to take.help please?

FIRST, he needs to contact whatever government agency issues permits for whatever type of business he is running.

Actually, that could be SECOND. Contacting a lawyer may be first.

Generally, if someone needs a license to do something, anything really, and they do it anyway, they will face a fine from an administrative entity. The health department, the building department, liquor control etc. If they don't comply, that entity would then either get an injunction to compel compliance or would file a criminal complaint that the prosecutor then either files charges on or doesn't. The police generally won't get involved until the person is either in contempt or fails to appear on the charges. At least that's how it works where I live.

Since I don't know what kind of business or where you're from, my best guess is, that your bf was selling illegal swamp grass from under an unlicensed troll bridge. I would recommend finding out what needs to be done to comply with the Troll Licensing Authority's rules. Unfortunately, depending on what the issue is, it may not be economically feasible to fix in the current arrangement.

And yes, re-reading my post, liquor control is probably a bad example. They carry guns and handcuffs.

I just called all of the thousands of police agencies in the world, but they said I need to be more specific.

he probably just needs to get a license

Doing an internet search on "(your location) business license" would be a good place to start.

Maybe he should have listened up when the cops came and checked his business for the required license

• Lyssa6 months agoReport

maybe instead of trolling you can not be a prick, im just helping i wasnt there. u have a good day

Where? The U.S.? U.K.?