Re'u asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 6 months ago

What bible would you recommend? And why?

Im searching for both English readability, and unbiased translation. Please include as many details of the translation a.o. the translator that can reasonably be included. Thank you very much.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

any of thern are good ones

• John P
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

One of the modern translations, preferably one from translators who do not have a particular "message" to get across. The language in the KJV is wonderful in many places, but the meanings of some words have changed in 400 years, e.g. "suffer".

• 6 months ago

I’m Jewish, so the Torah

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I recommend the New International Version (NIV).

• 6 months ago

None. Always think by yourself.

• dogtags40
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Thanks. I'm atheist, but I have genuine respect for those who truly know their religion. Many don't.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bob
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If you want unbiased, don't read ANY Bible. All religious texts are written to promote the values of the author, read any Bible or other religious text as you would a tabloid newspaper, ask yourself "Why is this story here, how is the author trying to change mu opinions, what has the author to gain from these statements? Only then will you get somewhere near the truth.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Bart Ehrman demonstrated conclusively that the Bible is a fraud. Read a science book instead of this collection of insidious fairy tales.

• Don Verto
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

So Bart was right and Billy Graeham was wrong.,How do you know?

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

The Satanic Bible is the most honest and well written.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.