My boyfriend sign a 6 months lease to the apartment but I am the one who wrote a check under my name..?

I pay Everything the cleaning fee $300, $ 1500 deposit and $1550 for the 1st month rent and advance Utilities .for $155 before he moved in . I have all the evidence in my bank acct that the landlord/ manager of the property already cash in the check. Now after like almost 2 mos of his stay in his apartment he decided to add his friends on the lease since he is the only one live there . I even pay this month whole amount inludes utilities . Now the landlord was asking another deposit and sent me a message that he proccess the eviction due to non- payment for another deposit.. Can I sue my landlord for harassment?

As long as you aren't on the lease, it sounds like you aren't under any obligation to pay his rent, unless you have some sort of legal agreement to do so. You could just stop paying it if you wanted too. You have no obligation to pay anything without an agreement or a lease. It is your boyfriend and his friend's, if they really were added, responsibility to pay. They are liable for payment and would be sued if the landlord cared enough to do so.

• ron h

You're not on the lease. this is not your problem. Unless you're living there, you should stop paying your BF's rent and you should find a new BF.

• GEEGEE

No. But get your BF to pay the deposits due now, and have the LL contact HIM for payment, not you.

• B

your bf is responsible for the lease. you are not correct to pay for everything.

he must pay this added deposit. keep in mind your bf may be collecting cash money from the others

who sleep there while you foot the bill. crazy to do this. move out if you can do so immediately.

• Eva

Contacting you once is not harassment. Why are you footing the entire bill for your boyfriend? If he wants more people to move in and they are on the lease they should be the ones to pay the additional deposit.

I doubt it. He has no legal right to demand the deposit from you because you aren't on the lease.

Yes, you can always sue. But you wouldn't win and I doubt it would even go to court. It'd be thrown out on review as frivolous.

See here's the deal. Your user BF cannot just "add friends" to a lease.

Lease changes have to be approved by the lessor and from what you're telling us the lessor does not approve the change in the lease without further compensation for the additional residents, your BF's "friends."

In other words, the landlord, the lessor, is in full rights to evict your BF for cause...breaking the original lease.

Sue the landlord for what, harassment? What harassment? Where can I find a girlfriend who is stupid enough to pay all my bills for me? You need to take a good look at your life and for sure a good look at this leach of a boyfriend. He is the one you need to sue.

I see you just joined YA and make this so called question. I sure hope you are just trolling and smarter than this question.

• John6 months agoReport

He has every right to ask for an additional deposit for additional roommates. This would require a brand new lease, and brand new terms. You also have the right to refuse to pay it, and tell your bf's friends that they are paying for themselves or not moving in. They are not your problem.

Where's the harassment ?

Your boyfriend is just using you for money....run ...run fast.

• Steve

Honey, you are misdirecting your anger. Your "boyfriend" is a sleaze ball who is taking advantage of you - and you are allowing it. Wise up fast and dump his azz.