Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 7 months ago

How do i make my room smell better?

My brother moved out and I recently moved into my brothers room and it has a very bad, disgusting odor. The walls are very filthy and very grungy and we have carpet. Is there any tips on how to get the room to smell better? I tried to clean the walls with fabolouso and I vaccume here and there but it seems to be ineffective the smell is still there and the walls are still dirty(not as dirty). What products do you reccomend that I use? I don't want to use air fresheners all of the time because the freshness would only be short lived and would be a waste of money. Please help lol, I can't live with this putrid smell any longer.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

It is all about the carpet. You can rent a machine but better yet to call a carpet cleaning company. Bite the bullet. They will get it clean--or tell you to get a new carpet. Other than that, don't forget the ceilings & closets. In your case, as dirty as it is, you should definitely consider getting a carpet and laying it yourself. You get to tear out that old crap and get at the dust underneath it. You will have the air as fresh as Starbucks.

• Zapata
      Lv 6
      7 months agoReport

Starbucks stinks

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Get the carpet professionally cleaned

Throw away anything extra

Wash the sheets and bedspread and scrub down/dust things

Spray air freshener/have an incense oil sticks freshener to make the room smell good again

• olivia
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Use room freshener..............

• Zapata
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Open the windows.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Moya
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Wash wall with hot soapy water , add eucalyptus oil .

Sprinkle bi carb on carpet let sit for 2hrs

Vaccuum

• Cammie
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I was at Home depot and found some wall cleaner . Take a look and read directions.

C;ean carpets with Odo Ban [ also from home depot.https://www.homedepot.com/p/OdoBan-128-oz-3-in-1-C...

Keep your dirty clothes out of site and spray with Odo ban .https://www.homedepot.com/p/OdoBan-1-Gal-Eucalyptu...

Clean windows and window coverings.Clean light switched and lamps.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers for the walls. The carpet will probably need to be shampooed or professionally cleaned. Check all the corners, under the bed, and in the closet for anything left behind.

• 7 months ago

Try spraying the carpet with Febreze. Either that or rent a carpet steam cleaner.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

ask your brother to clean it up for you

• Steve
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Well then, you'll have to clean them again. I recommend Spick n' Span or TSP (used to clean walls prior to painting - good stuff!) The carpets must be shampooed or torn up and tossed out. You can't shampoo "here and there" - move furniture out of the way and do a proper job.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.