I was polite and didn't say anything about this; should I have said something in this situation?

I met someone on a dating site and we decided to meet up in person at Chipotle... he was very overweight but I decided to look past that and give him a chance.... of course on the dating site it says he's an "occasional smoker" yeah right no such thing; he smokes all the time. the first time I laid... show more I met someone on a dating site and we decided to meet up in person at Chipotle...

he was very overweight but I decided to look past that and give him a chance....

of course on the dating site it says he's an "occasional smoker" yeah right no such thing; he smokes all the time. the first time I laid eyes on him in person he was smoking.

but honestly I think his eating habits may actually be more dangerous than the smoking itself.

he orders the "Triple Cheese Sour Cream"
and then the next thing he says ---- is that he works at Chipotle and this is his daily diet!!!!!!

It was like I was witnessing a heart-attack in the making.

I said nothing. I was polite.

I'm thinking maybe I should have messaged him online and offer some advice,
but on the other hand he (probably) wouldn't have appreciated the advice.

maybe I could have just messaged him "Don't take this the wrong way, but ... your eating habits are literally going to kill you. and Chipotle offers some healthy options. Just don't get sour cream, forget the cheese...."

I don't think he wanted to be lectured but he NEEDED to be lectured.

but surely he must have been AWARE of it --- everyone who smokes knows it's linked to cancer, it's no secret.
everyone who eats like that KNOWS it's bad.
Surely I wouldn't' have been telling him anything he didn't already know--- or are some people really that ignorant?

Should I have said something?