My mum won't let me driver her (cheap) car even though I am safe, sensible and will pay my own insurance and work around her schedule!?

I've had quite a lot of driving lessons and need to practise in order to pass my test before I go to uni. My mum has no reason not to let me drive and just wants to be stubborn because she wasn't allowed to 30 years ago! What do I do?
Update: I can't get my own car because I'm about to go to uni and the costs to park it and keep it are far too high - besides, I'd only be able to keep it for a couple of months so would be a waste to buy one and sell it straight away. I literally need to use her car to practise until my test for about 5 hours... show more I can't get my own car because I'm about to go to uni and the costs to park it and keep it are far too high - besides, I'd only be able to keep it for a couple of months so would be a waste to buy one and sell it straight away. I literally need to use her car to practise until my test for about 5 hours worth with her just sat next to me.

If she doesn't let me practise and I fail as a result I can't learn again for 3 years.
Update 2: I'm already doing driving lessons but they won't be enough. It's just so hard to sit by and watch my friends be given cars, go out with parents, but I've not got that...
Update 3: I've been asking her for about 5 years and she knows I've wanted to learn to drive my whole life - I just don't know why she really doesn't want me to drive it... She doesn't use it often, I'd work around when she is free, and if she wants me to stop, I'll stop. Why won't she just... show more I've been asking her for about 5 years and she knows I've wanted to learn to drive my whole life - I just don't know why she really doesn't want me to drive it... She doesn't use it often, I'd work around when she is free, and if she wants me to stop, I'll stop. Why won't she just give me a chance?
Update 4: I've been fired from my job and have no income because they are only busy in the winter so really buying a car isn't an option...
Update 5: I'll only ever go out WITH her by the way - not alone!