Why do people feel they need to preach about which dogs you should or should not buy?

I hear all the time that you should never buy puppies that have been bred and you should adopt from a shelter instead. I actually had a pretty heated argument with my cousin about this when her family came over last weekend. I think that any dog should be adopted no matter where they are from, especially puppies... show more I hear all the time that you should never buy puppies that have been bred and you should adopt from a shelter instead. I actually had a pretty heated argument with my cousin about this when her family came over last weekend.

I think that any dog should be adopted no matter where they are from, especially puppies that have been bred because no one seems to want them anymore. It's not the puppies fault how it has been born and if no one ever adopted them then they would probably all get shot if they weren't lucky enough to be adopted by a farmer or someone like that.

I also told my cousin that you need to be careful about the dog you adopt from a shelter especially if you already have kids, because the dog may not take well to the child and try to harm it. Don't get me wrong, some dogs from shelters are absolute angels and I think it's great if you adopted a dog that takes well to everyone in your family, but my family and I got our dog when it was a puppy and it is honestly the greatest dog we have ever had.

I'm just sick and tired of people who try to put you down based on what dog you have, and I'm thankful to think that my cousin may never want to come back again, as I don't want to deal with people who think that some dogs are better than others. I think to each their own, but it feels like some people need an excuse to badger people based on how they live their life whether it's about dogs or something else.