Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

Is it sad that my friend values her cat and dog over human relationships?

My friend is 33 and she is single and a nice girl. However she has a dog and cat and she loves them so dearly. I mean she has me as a friend and maybe another friend, but she told me she doesn’t want a husband or to have children because she said she is burnt out of people and flakiness. She told me she loves her pets more than any other person and children. Is this pathetic?

Favorite Answer

It's her life, and if she's content living the way she does then why judge or say it's pathetic? If you don't want that kind of life, then make your life the way you want it

• Chanel

I remember a guy in a film saying "trust no one and you won't be disappointed. If you want real love get a dog".

It is not pathetic but she could be missing out on the fact she may meet a wonderful person who can be a genuine friend.

Maybe she said animals are better than humans but she will realize one day that people can be wonderful. They are just too few and far between.

She probably meets other dog owners when she is out and one of them will become her friend.

Finally, she is doing a good job taking care of these two pets. Some animals are put in the shelter and have to wait months to be adopted.

I don't know if it's pathetic, but it is very sad. No animal will give you such sense of fulfillment and depth as human relationship, no matter how much you progect on it.

No it's not pathetic someone in my family feels that way about animals but also about babies. He's been hurt by people so many times that he's put his trust in animals over people and with babies i think it's more like an innocence thing they never hurt him so he's okay with them. I think it's a defense mechanism for a lot of ppl so i don't think it's pathetic. Now if it's for no reason and they like them over ppl that's kind of pathetic in my opinion.

• Foofa

That's just her choice and it's not for you to tell others how to live.

• Edna

I've been around a long time, and I don't think it's pathetic. I've come to like animals more than I do most people I meet. Your pets will give you their unconditional love - no matter what. People won't do that.

• audrey

As long as she's happy, don't worry about her. Sometimes animals can be better than people.

• kevin

Some people want unconditional love. Problem is most people don't have that. Sounds like people in her life were shitty to her. That's okay and there's nothing wrong with loving animals.

her life, her decision ..........................

10000000000% no