Writing a character who has bipolar II disorder?

I'm currently writing a novel and one of my characters has bipolar II disorder but I'm having troubles in describing his everyday Life because I don't want to give an inaccurate depiction of what bipolar disorder Is. I've done lots of researches but I'd like to read some advices from people who have this illness or at least know someone who has It. I premise that my character has already been on medication for several years when the main character meet him. I'm sorry for any errore, english isn't my first language and thank in advance to anyone who will help me

• Amber
    Best Answer

If you have done lots of research then simply go of that for now. Right your book, then find someone with the illness or knowledge of it to read your work and see what they think. Some illnesses are unique to the individual and if you've done good research you must have read stories written by people with the illness. They are all over youtube and the internet.

• joedlh

Rent the movie Pollock. Be aware that manic and depressed episodes generally play out over long periods: weeks or months. They don't coincide. In your manuscript, you might take advantage of this. It's tricky because your readers, like those who live with bipolar individuals, can become whiplashed.

• NONAME

have you ever argued with yourself...try doing that out loud all the time