Can ICE and Police just ask for ID and Paper out of nowhere? Without probable cause other than “looking” like an illegal?

I’m a legal citizen as well as my parents. I’m a 3rd gen Mexican American. There’s been a lot of news around stating President Trump will send lots of ICE officers to try to catch those illegal. I appear like the ‘typical’ Mexican. Brown Skin eyes black hair etc.(I know Mexican is not a race but many do and... show more I’m a legal citizen as well as my parents. I’m a 3rd gen Mexican American. There’s been a lot of news around stating President Trump will send lots of ICE officers to try to catch those illegal.

I appear like the ‘typical’ Mexican. Brown Skin eyes black hair etc.(I know Mexican is not a race but many do and stereotype).

If an officer were to ask for my ID an papers what should I do?

I don’t believe I should just show my information for looking like an illegal to them. Is that enough of of reason?