Can my Yamaha Star Bolt have worn out its spark plugs after only 3,000 miles?

Not the most serious question. I do intend to buy replacements plugs today anyway. 2015 Yamaha Star Bolt. Purchased new. Just crossed 3,000 miles (I have two other motorcycles that I ride more often). Was riding up a hill and it started exhibiting the symptoms of having bad spark plugs. Spitting and hiccuping.... show more Not the most serious question. I do intend to buy replacements plugs today anyway. 2015 Yamaha Star Bolt. Purchased new. Just crossed 3,000 miles (I have two other motorcycles that I ride more often). Was riding up a hill and it started exhibiting the symptoms of having bad spark plugs. Spitting and hiccuping. Rode back down and went straight to the local gas station to top it off with some fresh 93 octane. Took half a tank. Problem was still there.

This Yamaha does have an old fashioned air cooled motor. I'm used to liquid cooled bikes that go 20,000, or more, miles between spark plug changes. Has this bike taken me back to a time when I used to change plugs every 3,000 miles? Bad old days. My first bike was a 1975 Suzuki GT380.