Is it too late to get a summer job?

I ve applied mostly to retail and fast-food places. I ve had one job interview so far. I ve also followed up with most places and still haven t heard much back. Just anything that will keep me busy. I am currently jobless. I m in school as well.

• Joe

Of course its not too late. Summer jobs open and close day by day. Young peoples plans change day by day. Keep looking hard and pretty soon you'll be in the right place at the right time. Good luck !

• Judy

Most are filled, but there will be some hiring to replace people who quit or get fired

Nope, I see lots of places with "now hiring" where I live, don't know where it is where you live.

Your main issue appears to be your lack of motivation.

Not to late. Some of those jobs were never filled and others have newer employees who are just quitting. Keep trying, you may not get one but maybe you will.

No it's not too late!

Right about now is when employers discover which of their summer workers bailed or are totally worthless. I promise you there are vacancies.

Child-centered businesses are ALWAYS looking for summer help. You know, places that do summer programs for kids like swim/tennis clubs, horse riding camp, YMCA, community centers, etc. And there's always hospitality jobs available...food service, cleaning hotel rooms, etc. Don't limit yourself to fast food. Apply to sit-down restaurants too. They need dishwashers, hosts, etc.

Too late yes!!! Everybody and their grandmother is looking for summer jobs, you are just one in a milluon, you aren't going to get a job any time soon.