If a mother and her son attend a wedding together, but they don't live together, is it appropriate for each of them to bring their own gift?

My mom, live-in boyfriend and I attended a wedding together. She gave the bride a card with a $100 check, which of course she included boyfriend’s name on. Since my mom and I don’t live together, i figured it was kosher to bring my own gift. So I, too, gave the bride a card with $100. But only my mom got a... show more My mom, live-in boyfriend and I attended a wedding together. She gave the bride a card with a $100 check, which of course she included boyfriend’s name on. Since my mom and I don’t live together, i figured it was kosher to bring my own gift. So I, too, gave the bride a card with $100. But only my mom got a "thank you" card. This upset me, especially because her boyfriend lives off of her. She works while he stays home, and she's embarrassed by him and makes up stories about his occupation. So I was not fond of the fact that he received credit for a gift he obviously contributed nothing to. Yes, I know that "thank you" cards are not just for the gifts, but also for attending the event. But the fact that I busted my behind from 9 to 5 to give the bride a $100 and get no thank you, was quite offensive. FYI, mother and I live just a 15-minute drive away from each other, thus how easy it was for us to go to the wedding together. For that matter, was it tacky of me to bring my own gift? I mean, should my mom and I have gone halfsies on one card instead of giving the bride two separate gifts? I don't know what I did wrong here, and I have the funny feeling that the bride perhaps despises me or something. Perhaps it’s rude for a mother and son to NOT share a gift due to the fact that it makes it look like the son has no association with each other and therefore isn’t fond of her? Somebody please enlighten me, because I am so confused about etiquette in this situation.
Update: The bride could've at least included my name on my mom's "thank you" card, which is understandable since I can practically walk to my mom's house from my house. But instead just she and her boyfriend were acknowledged on the card.