Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 7 months ago

When a convo/text goes nowhere..?

Sometimes I'll be texting my friends and their response is just "Ok, that's good." And then I don't know where to take the conversation after that. I try to generate conversations about work, hobbies, but one friend in particular just answers very short and I'm thinking is it worth even starting a conversation if it goes nowhere.

My friend will send me long texts/convos when something happened to her or she has something "juicy" to talk about, but if I just talk about my day in passing, I get little to no conversation.

Should I stop initiating texts since convo goes nowhere?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

The general rule of thumb for me with texting is only text people when you have something to actually tell them. If you just text them “hey” and they say “hey” “how are you” “good, you?” And then the conversation can’t go anywhere. So if you saw something that reminded you of them or have something that the conversation can continue, that’s when I would text them. Random hey texts are hard to answer.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

I don't know what you "should". Texting is a waste of good time to me.

• 7 months ago

I would lay off of initiating texts with that friend for a bit. You deserve a friend who will want to text you about your day, not just juicy gossip. Let the friend initiate conversation with you instead of the other way around

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.