Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 6 months ago

Sparrow with a broken leg and wing?

Hello everyone, I found a sparrow with one broken leg and one broken wing near my house and I took her inside and put it in some kind of a soft box with seeds and water. she was in pain and was badly dehydrated and I think hungry but its feeling better now after 2 days, she doesn t seem to be in pain (so badly at least) and eats regularly but she can t fly and walks with one leg can t control the other, I think she won t survive outside for one day. Can she heal in time ? Or should be treated by a vet ? Can she live like this? I can keep her in my house for ever but I can t afford to take her to a vet for a couple of months. Any suggestion is appreciated.

• olivia

Are you mad david?.......

Hey, You do great job plz take care of it until its natural death..

Take care of it & that will be good.

As a wildlife carer, unless the bird is an endangered or threatened species that could be used in a captive breading program we would have it euthanised.

A wing injury will virtually never heal to allow fully wild flight at a survival level and keeping a wild born bird captive is cruel.

• David

Twist its neck and put it out of its misery.

• patty

take her to a vet they will fix her

Maybe you could ring the rspca who may be able to come out and collect the bird and hopefully make sure it’s ok