Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 6 months ago

Sparrow with a broken leg and wing?

Hello everyone, I found a sparrow with one broken leg and one broken wing near my house and I took her inside and put it in some kind of a soft box with seeds and water. she was in pain and was badly dehydrated and I think hungry but its feeling better now after 2 days, she doesn t seem to be in pain (so badly at least) and eats regularly but she can t fly and walks with one leg can t control the other, I think she won t survive outside for one day. Can she heal in time ? Or should be treated by a vet ? Can she live like this? I can keep her in my house for ever but I can t afford to take her to a vet for a couple of months. Any suggestion is appreciated.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • olivia
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Are you mad david?.......

Hey, You do great job plz take care of it until its natural death..

• 6 months ago

Take care of it & that will be good.

• 6 months ago

As a wildlife carer, unless the bird is an endangered or threatened species that could be used in a captive breading program we would have it euthanised.

A wing injury will virtually never heal to allow fully wild flight at a survival level and keeping a wild born bird captive is cruel.

• David
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Twist its neck and put it out of its misery.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • patty
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

take her to a vet they will fix her

• 6 months ago

Maybe you could ring the rspca who may be able to come out and collect the bird and hopefully make sure it’s ok

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.