Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 6 months ago

Is it hard to drive from Florida to California?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

long way - but good roads.

• 6 months ago

Only if you don't like driving .

• 6 months ago

Hard for some people, not hard for others.

• John
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A week......................

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

• Jeff
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I 10 till you smell the ocean. . Prepare to double the value of your car when you fill up in CA.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Well, you use the same driving skills. It's just a matter of some long days. I would not recommend a long trip like that your first time by yourself. You will get tired and need/want to switch out drivers throughout the day. Other than that, it's just driving. Pick a route using google maps such. Decide if there are things you want to see along the way.

Keep an eye on your fuel especially through West Texas, AZ, etc as there will be big gaps between stations.

Don't worry about a place to stay until you know where you're going to be. Use Priceline.com or a similar app to find places as you're coming up on cities. Be careful when you're approaching areas with few cities to make sure you don't get stuck having to drive another couple hours to find a place.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

As long as the vehicle you are driving is in good condition, it's not hard at all. We did it many times when we were driving truck. The trip is mostly on Interstate highways with plenty of places to stop and rest, and some interesting scenery along the way.

Source(s): I'm a retired long-haul truck driver (CDL-A)
    • JetDoc
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

We always planned trips in the truck at 50 miles per hour. That made it easy to do the math and accounted for rest, fuel and food stops. It's about 2300 miles from Tallahassee, FL to Los Angeles. 2300/50 = 43 hours driving time.

• 6 months ago

It's as difficult as driving 2700 miles.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Hard? Why would it be hard? I don't see a problem with the drive.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.