Holly asked in HealthDental · 6 months ago

Can I get a tooth extracted instead of root canal if the decay is very deep? Is there a point where the dentist can no longer ?

Favorite Answer

It's your tooth and ultimately you get to decide, not your dentist. Your dentist will naturally try to persuade you to keep your tooth if that's possible, as once it's gone, it's gone. Modern dentistry is based around keeping teeth as far as is humanly possible. When the point is reached that a dentist can no longer repair, she/he will say so, but if you really feel you want an extraction, that's your choice, not your privilege.

• Grace

Really bad infections in your teeth can cause an infection in your heart and get it taken care of now.

Just instruct the dentist to remove the tooth. He/She cannot refuse. A rotten root is painful for a long time

Peace.

• Holly6 months agoReport

I called and spoke to the dentist assistant. She said if the tooth is too infected that they won't be able to pull & they have to do the root canal. But thanks for answering my question I appreciate it.

• paul

LMFAO if it is to bad to pull ??????? but it can be fixed ??????? LMFAO

I have had root canals done. They work just fine. I had one tooth extracted because it broke. I never got the tooth replaced. Go for the root canal. It securely binds to the remains of the tooth.