Help with determining the genre and target audience for my book?

It is a modern-day paranormal novel with a subplot that subtly touches on a social issue. The main characters and most of the characters are between the ages of 28 - 33. It reads like a young adult/new adult novel, as its prose is simple and it has a clear story structure the way most market fiction does. It has a romantic subplot and also focuses on the relationship between the mc and her sister.

Your audience would be yourn adult if UNDER 25. but the age bracket you propose is considered adult.

• Speed

I agree with Voelven. With characters in that age range, it's not YA, and if the romance is not the main story, it's not paranormal romance.

I'm not convinced that the "new adult" category does the author any favors. Is the prose so simple adult readers would dislike it?

From your description, I'd call it "a paranormal, new adult novel" and leave it at that.