Can I leave a harness on my kitten?

I just adopted a 10 week old kitten recently, and weve tried putting collars on her, only for her to try and eat the bell- which ended up getting her jaw stuck open because it slipped under the collar. Even after we tightened it, she still somehow managed to get stuck. We even had to cut one off since she wouldn t... show more I just adopted a 10 week old kitten recently, and weve tried putting collars on her, only for her to try and eat the bell- which ended up getting her jaw stuck open because it slipped under the collar. Even after we tightened it, she still somehow managed to get stuck. We even had to cut one off since she wouldn t let us pull the breakaway clasp. because of this I decided to put a harness on her (with a bell attached to the back) so we d still be able to hear her, since she s a quiet kitten. my older cat never had this problem with her collars when she was a kitten, but my new kitten just can t seem to handle her collars, even though my mom is insistent that she wear one like the rest of our pets. but I m terrified of her getting stuck again, since she claws at her face trying to get free (which scares me every time she does it, and she even made herself bleed once). so I m wondering if it s okay for me to leave her harness on her all the time like I would leave a collar on her
4 answers 4