Will living my life the same way I did before make me the person that I used to be.?

Last year I felt as if I was on top of the world, happy, confident and just enjoying my life and I had no negative thoughts at all which was when I was going around town and clubbing and living a life I enjoyed. Now I am stuck doing nothing, xant work as I'm waiting on surgery for my arm, stuck at home most... show more Last year I felt as if I was on top of the world, happy, confident and just enjoying my life and I had no negative thoughts at all which was when I was going around town and clubbing and living a life I enjoyed. Now I am stuck doing nothing, xant work as I'm waiting on surgery for my arm, stuck at home most days with girlfriend, and being very bored. But because of this I have started to get a low self esteem fond it hard to talk to people now and just lack any motivation at all. So what I'm saying is if I finish my girlfriend, and go back into my old ways of clubbing and everything as well as finding work will that bring myself back out again so that I start feeling as happy as I used to and then gradually get that personality back at the moment I just feel so lost and keep dwelling on the past so should I remove all barriers stopping me and once again start living again for me to even get slightly happier with myself again.