Angela asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

My dog died last month should I get another dog or is it to early?

Favorite Answer

My cat Stormy passed away after 21 years 51 weeks---it was very difficult. About 6 weeks later, my girlfriend and I were in a Petco, right around my birthday--my girlfriend adopted a blonde tabby that we named Noofy, I didn't think I was ready, as it turns out, Noofy has brought us so much happiness--

If you think you’re ready for another dog you should do it

you can it will die too

• ron h

depends. Do you want to do any traveling this summer that would be hard with a dog? Sometimes it's good to take a break, but if you MIGHT be ready, go to a shelter and see if there's a dog that you need to take home.

It's really up to you. If you think another dog will make you feel better than please do so. Personally, I'd wait a while longer until I get another pup. I have a dog right now (she's almost 2 years (: ) and I can't imagine my life without her. Once her time comes yes I'd be sad but if I got another dog just after a month of her passing away I would feel even worse because I'd feel like I was replacing her. But that's just my opinion. If you think it's time to get another dog, go for it.

• Jen6 months agoReport

If you have the time n home to give a dog a home yes if your ready you'll no it's what u want

I think that you should get a dog. It is not too early; it could help cope with loss. All the best

For me, I would get another dog. But it is not like I lost my best friend, cause I keep several dogs at all times & I've had to have them euthanized do to sickness or it was just the end of time for that dog.

One thing I do advise is to not get another dog like the one you just lost. You will find yourself comparing them against each other & you may be disappointed if it isn't JUST LIKE the one you just lost.

Take a tour through some of the pounds, shelters & rescues just to see what it out there. Do not go out with the intent of bringing home a new dog, just go looking.

If you have a specific breed in mind google for that breeds rescue in your state. Breed specific rescues rescue the breed & their X's.

'small breed rescues in (your state)'

'large breed rescues in (your state)'

'Poodle rescues in (your state)'

Lots of ways to go about finding a dog for you.

I would encourage to take time to recover from this loss and then get another dog if you feel like you are fully recovered (which , I don’t think we ever fully feel good about someone we love dying , it’s just a matter of feeling better and moving on)

My two cents - I believe its best to get another pet if you can after the death and loss of your beloved dog. When my cat died it was too heart breaking coming home to an empty home. We adopted our beloved kitten three months after the death of our beloved tuxedo. I will always miss my tuxedo but now have a new baby (kitten) who needs love and a good home :)

• tom

I would have got another dog my now, you are obviously missing having a dog and there is a dog just waiting for you.