Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

Food to feed a dog?

What is the best brand to feed a black Labrador female?

Stop trolling me. I found it on the street a few days ago. It has some chicken. Its the only food I got

I am getting it checked for a microchip

● "Food to feed a dog?"

Raw animal proteins, bones (except for needle-bones on fish) and all.

Include some pasteurised milk, unless the dog turns out to be one of the few that are allergic to the lactose or the (casein?) in dairy milk. If they are, once that rash (or whatever) has cleared up, try milk from goats or sheep, if it is available.

● "What is the best brand to feed a black Labrador female?"

Birds, eggs, fish. insects, mammals, reptiles don't have BRANDS on them (unless they live where farmers still use a branding iron instead of an ear tag).

Most leftovers from your own cooked meals can be used as fillers, provided they aren't cooked with lots of salt and/or "hot" spices. But bones that have been baked or roasted are too risky - they break into SHARP splinters that can penetrate the intestines and cause problems that end in death. Raw bones don't have that problem.

If you choose to use kibbles as well, separate them 3-or-more hours from the natural food - plant proteins (for reasons I don't understand) apparently don't travel through the digestive system at the same speed as animal proteins do.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

😛 To discuss GSDs, join some groups such as

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GSD_Friendly/i...

by sending an e-mail about yourself to the Subscribe address on that page.

Many of the people in them KNOW about GSDs. Plus you can include several actual photos in your posts.

To find other groups or breeds, type the breed-name into the top field of

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/dir

then choose a couple of groups to Join - use the group's

Message History

on its /info page to make sure that it still has members who are ACTIVE.

😛 Also join

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/The_GSD_Source...

so that you can easily look up all sorts of information about dogs, especially GSDs. It is an "encyclopaedia" group (to which members can ask for new sources to be added), not a discussion group.

Les the aged Kiwi - first pup in 1950; GSD breeder & trainer as of 1968

dogfood undoubtedly..

It depends on the AGE of the dog, the weight & the condition of the dog. Your vet can advise you.

• patty

i made my own dog food with lean meat brown rice and vegetables. u can freeze it and take out when needed

There is no 'best food' other than the food that best suits the individual dog. Some people prefer to feed their dogs a raw diet, some prefer to use a commercially made food. Best I can say is avoid anything that's cereal-based (bulk in, bulk out) and go for one that has the main, first, ingredient listed as meat, or fish. And if this isn't a puppy, keep to a sensible protein level - around 24% is enough. To start with you could use chicken with boiled rice.

However- if you just found this Lab, if you keep her, that's theft. Take her to your local Shelter which is where people with a missing dog will be checking. Let lthem know you would like to be considered when finding her another home, if nobody comes forward to claim her. That way you'll adopt her legally, with the paperwork. As it is, if somebody sees you out with her, they are entitled to claim her back.

• 6 months agoReport

That's what I'm doing. I am going today

A male Labrador. A biitch is always in heat in need for some loving.

Criminals are a good start

Putin’s One Dog Food is a good one to feed your dog!