Questions about parallel parking for the NYS road test? ONLY for those who have taken the NY road test.?

Hi guys, got few questions in my mind for parallel parking. Please answer if you have taken the road test in NYC only because the exam components vary from state to state. 1. When turning two turns to the left side (in reverse mode), do you need to look in the blindspot on your right side before looking in the rear... show more Hi guys, got few questions in my mind for parallel parking. Please answer if you have taken the road test in NYC only because the exam components vary from state to state.
1. When turning two turns to the left side (in reverse mode), do you need to look in the blindspot on your right side before looking in the rear window (& occasionally right side mirror) & continuing with the parallel parking, because by this time the drivers behind you know that you are parking in the designated area?
2. I know that if the car is near the curb, you turn all the way to the left side (in reverse mode) to fix the parallel parking and not hitting the curb. However, I am confused about when the car is away from the curb, do you put the gear in 'reverse' mode when turning to the right side all the way or in 'drive' mode, like what is the difference? Can some clarify if turning right side in 'reverse' mode means that the car was away from curb then expected vs in 'drive' mode if the car is still far away from the curb? When do you use these actions?