What is your opinion of children transitioning genders?

Favorite Answer

Weird. Wait till your at least 18 or 19

• Elizabeth

Any Medical transitioning would not occur until after age fourteen. If surgery was to be performed, it wouldn't happen, in most cases, until age 18. Any medical transition is done only after YEARS of therapy, with a couple of different therapists. See WPATH guidelines...

• Sky

I'm perfectly fine with it and hope the parents fully encourage and support their transgender child's transition, but any transitioning, especially anything medical, should always be done under the guidance of a gender identity therapist who has expertise on the matter.

As long as they are happy that’s what most important.

My opinion is they’re “transitioning” into gigantic freaks

Pretty rare, not really my problem.

So long as they follow the process, under the care of a therapist.

They are doing what they have too in order to have a less stressful life.

Imagine the stress that they must be under for that last sentence to make any kind of sense.

That they don't. They don't have HRT before puberty and they are already that gender.

No children are allowed to medically transition. It's a social transition. It's the child insisting how they identify and they've probably been saying it for years before any doctor visits.

The ones that think they're trans and are approaching teen years or early on in puberty may be allowed puberty blockers after many psychological assessments.

Mostly this is going to help the child as they will never have to endure puberty in their birth sex and the worsening dysphoria that comes with it plus maybe extra surgeries later in life

If the teenager changes their mind they can reverse the process and stop the puberty blockers.

They're lucky that their parents are supportive enough to help. I could have never got such help in the early 90s when I became a teenager. It wasn't in the media like nowadays and my mother wouldnt have cared to help.

Good idea, simply because they will have a lot more chance of "passing" if they don't have the puberty that was going to happen and instead the opposite one. Not only that, it will be much easier for them than changing as an adult and having to go back to work, etc and waiting for everyone to get used to it. I think kids do know if they are transgendered.

The entire transgender movement would disappear overnight if they just admitted that they're only reinforcing masculine / feminine stereotypes and the toxic effects those stereotypes have on society as a whole.

There is nothing wrong with a man who likes to wear makeup. A woman who likes to work our or be buff... a man who likes to play with dolls, a woman who likes NASCAR... but SOCIETY has a problem with those people and hence the "solution" is to be "transgender"

As we said Ms. Clones, if you would ADMIT that it was all about gender stereotypes THEN the movement would disappear. You refuse to admit this hence the movement continues.

Ms. Clones, you're a bigot who is too sexist to look past your own hatred and realize there are alternatives. Science has proven what I said, but bigots like you attack people who speak truth. Your bigotry is hateful and harmful to society as a whole.

• Trans people have been around since the dawn of time and nothing you say is going to change that. Nothing you say is going to prevent people from being born trans. Nothing you say will stop trans people from doing what they need to do to be themselves. You don't know me or my life experience, I do.