Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

Cat bit me that was drooling and acting dizzy?

I have been feeding this feral cat. I named him Smokey. Anyways yesterday after giving him his food I was petting him and he bit me extremely hard on the hand. Then he started going in circles and drooling and attacking the air. Maybe he was just grumpy?

You need to go to the doctor asap. You can't die from cat bites ...though this was 4 days ago so you probably already know how serious this is.

Thanks for letting us know.

• PAMELA

Maybe, but you never ever touch a feral animal, if you do not have rabies in your country then you are ok, but i would have the wound seen by a doctor, there is a strong chance it could get infected, and do not touch the cat again,i would stop feeding it too.

Get into an urgent care or emergency room. Chances are the cats sick, unknown if rabid or not. The drooling and doing circles concern me , besides the fact there is such a high infection rate from cat bites from healthy cats.

Even though the cat was a feral and you knew him somewhat, you don't know his health status. Animal control will need to live trap or catch him and check him for rabies. If they cannot find him you will be receiving rabies shots to make sure you don’t contract rabies.