asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 6 months ago

how do chefs of Chinese food make their food taste so good? how difficult to make yourself in your kitchen?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Like any kind of cooking it takes skill, knowledge and lots of practice.

I’m a great cook, and I can do a stir fry, in a sortof American way for a healthy meal, but if I really want chinese food I go out for it.

The techniques and ingredients are things I haven’t practiced a great deal with, don’t want to have to buy and maintain the various ingredients and spices I’d need and probably won’t practice a great deal so I’ll never learn to cook like that.

Also, as I lived alone so if I did try to learn to cook Chinese I’d be making one or two dishes MAX, not the variety I like at a chinese restaraunt.

I have to say I LOVE hot and sour soup and can make a great one, but when I have that it’s all I have, it’s not a starter for several other dishes.

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

I've never worked in a Chinese restaurant so I can't honestly say how much MSG is used.Besides MSG is no "miracle" additive that magically makes Chinese food so good.I think there must be other factors.Chinese take-out is very popular,and so ingredients are usually very fresh.Another thing is wok cooking.High heat,fresh ingredients and sauces (American inspired I think) can make for a nice dinner.I make some Asian dishes (a killer spicy Thai chicken dish) also dumplings,potstickers,ribs etc.,and most are not that difficult.If you can find a used Asian cookbook that appeals to your taste and experience,give it a try.You won't be sorry.

• 6 months ago

One factor is their recognition of umami as a taste. They will add fish sauce, MSG or cook tomato for a couple of hours to achieve this taste.

• God
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

MSG is used a lot. We have been mislead to believe MSG is bad for us. Guess what, there is absolutely no evidence indicating that MSG is bad for us.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

MSG. Buy it on Amazon.

• John
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Lots and lots of msg.

• 6 months ago

Lots of salt, sugar and msg. Then often overpowered with onion.

Easy to make yourself and you have the option to leave out what you don't want.

• 6 months ago

Msg. Sugar. Corn starch. Garlic. Soy sauce. Onions.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

MSG...............................

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

They use authentic spices that you cannot just get at your average corner store or grocery store.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.