jo asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesHonda · 6 months ago

Can i use hydraulic fluid from a truck for my automatic honda crv ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

No. Use only Honda ATF for your Vee.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Honda fluid is different and is what must be used in any Honda.

• 6 months ago

I wouldn't put any fluids in a Honda other then from a bottle marked compatible with Honda fluids.Why take a chance for under a $10 bottle of whatever kind of fluid it is?!

If it's brake fluid make sure it's DOT 3.

Get the tranny ATF changed at the dealer every 60,000 miles so that they have records of you doing the maintenance with them. That way when the CVT tranny fails you can get a customer good will extended warranty.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Why not Gomez, and you can suck it directly out from Jet Dorks DEF RAM junk truck tank for free.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ron
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You most certainly can. After it's done, you can call a tow truck and have your Honda hauled off to the dealer for repairs

• jo6 months agoReport

lol Thanks Ron . A person only knows when he asked a stupid question after he asked it right lol.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Use the automatic transmission fluid that is specified by the vehicle manufacturer. Failure to use the proper fluid could cause major problems with your transmission.

• 6 months ago

No. Your Honda takes specific tranny fluid.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

For the transmission ? NO.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

In an emergency you can even use motor oil as a substitute for hydraulic fluid. I'm looking at auto parts store websites and they seem to distinguish between "tractor" and "conventional" hydraulic fluid. But I don't know.

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No. Don't put dirty hydraulic fluid into any vehicle.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.