Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 6 months ago

laptop advice?

So I m buying a laptop for college, I have a budget of around 1350, and I d like something with some power. I do a little gaming every now and then. It would also be nice to have something with relatively good battery life. If it could run Skyrim or fallout it would probably be powerful enough. Also- it would be cool if this thing could last at least 4 years

Some that I already looked at was the Dell XPS 13 and 15, and the Lenovo yoga c930

Everyone s saying that dell is unreliable and the Lenovo seems perfect but it doesn t have a graphics card so I don t think it would do well with gaming

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks

I don't know why people keep recommending Macs for games. They are overpriced and not suited for the task. Here is a high performance laptop within your budget and will handle most games including Skyrim and Fallout 4.

It is an Acer Nitro 7. High performance in a thinish and smallish package.

AN715-51-752B

NH.Q5FAA.002

Windows 10 Home

Intel® Core™ i7-9750H processor Hexa-core 2.60 GHz

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 with 4 GB dedicated memory

15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 IPS

16 GB, DDR4 SDRAM

512 GB SSD

$ 1199.99

I have multiple Acer's including two Predators, a V-Nitro and several Aspires. So far out of the 23 Acers, one had a mainboard failure last year but it was a machine with a Core 2 Duo CPU so it served it's life. I had and unfortunately still have Lenovo's but will never buy their products again or until they prove they aren't a disappointment. Had two Yoga Y7070 laptops, both died in 5 months, Have 3 E73 towers, one had a mainboard replacement, another a PSU replacement and the last has been reinstalled 4 times to fix random glitches. Also have a couple G series and B series laptops all with a problem or another. Got 5 Dell's too. All but one run quite well. The one that doesn't has an issue with the display constantly turning off with no solution. Been doing this for over a year. I also have a few custom built towers and had some HP's. The HP's I didn't have good experiences with and the towers range from Celeron's to i9's.

You may wonder why I have so many machines. I own a business that requires all of this.

• John

I would buy one with an i7 cpu at least.

Sorry, I can't give you advice on cheap stuff.

Yyde45y99655edgh

macbook pro 15 inch, good price and very capible and light