Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 6 months ago

I don't care whether I live or die. Is this normal?

I would never want to commit suicide and I never think or commiting suicide but if a murderer grabbed me and tried to kill me I wouldn't really try to fight and would let him/her just murder me. Is this normal?

A lot of people called me an attention seeker so I'm just gonna clarify a few things

1. My life is good

2. I do not have depression

3. I am NOT suicidal

4. I do NOT self harm

5. I am not seeking attention I am wondering if his is normal or not

It s not abnormal but it is a definite indication you need to take steps to improve your quality of life, so that you prefer to live rather than not care.

It sounds like you have been going through a lot lately. It is important to understand that the thoughts that you think dictate the feelings that you feel. If you think negative or sad thoughts, your brain releases chemicals that make you feel sad. If you think positive thoughts, your brain releases chemicals that make you feel happy and calm. To overcome depression, you must change your thought patterns, otherwise known as using “thought stopping techniques.”

One way to do this is to carry around a small notebook and write down every negative or sad thought that you have. This will help you to see how many of your thoughts are negative. The average person thinks a negative thought every two minutes! Then, after writing down the negative or sad thought, immediately write down or say aloud a positive thought. Come up with a list of positive thoughts that you can tell yourself: “I’m OK.” “Today is a good day because I am choosing that it will be.” “I am strong.” “This too will pass, and I will get through this.”

Additionally, check out the following 99 coping skills, which can help you to refocus your thoughts on positive things: http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/DiscoverIt/Articl...

Sometimes it can help to talk to someone and tell them about what you are going through. Please know that there are people who can and will help you with what you are going through. You may want to consider talking with a counselor at a hotline. There are many hotlines that are 24/7 and will work with you and situations like yours. Some even have email and/or chat if you would prefer. Hopefully, you will continue to reach out! Sincerely, KO, Counselor

Source(s): Boys Town National Hotline -- Available 24/7 at 1-800-448-3000 -- Teens and Young Adults; http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/

Probably not quite normal .... Maybe don't smoke so much weed .

I'm not sure if your adrinal glad would let you sit there and be murdered. But that is not normal. Even if you are not having any suicidal thoughts not having the will to live is still a sign of extreme depression. Get an appointment with a psychiatrist.

i dont think so but theres tirnes ive felt the sarne way