Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 6 months ago

Can I use both a gas heater and a propane heater in my rv, it gets so cold at night?

• elhigh

Gas and propane? What, pray tell, is the "gas" coming from?

I'm guessing the gas heater you're talking about is a built-in furnace, whereas the propane heater is a freestanding portable device. The built in system probably has its own venting, but the portable unit does not.

With sufficient ventilation you can use whatever you want. If the propane heater you're talking about is not vented however, the combustion gases it generates are vented directly into the living space, so be aware that there will be an increased risk of suffocation or carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.

It's always been my experience that more blankets are more effective than more heat, a lot cheaper, and less likely to kill you with CO.

no,,, it is NOT safe , Get a reverse cycle air condition designed for RV's

As long as they BOTH vent outside in an approved manner, yes. The risk is using something like a karosene heater that does not vent. That is a good way to end up dead. I would recommend electric space heaters instead, they can not gas you to death.

• mermeliz

It was really sad. They were both so lively people in their mid thirties! Their untimely death left a hole in my heart.

• Bill

no

that is a deadly situation

propane is a gas and produces carbonoxide which is a colorless odourless gas that is a silent killer

ONly electric heaters in confines spaces such as RV and caravans