Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Why is Bernie given such a hard time when he has the best platform to stand on? He wants a strong economy, and he wants to help the poor?

He is honestly the best candidate for 2020 and was the best for 2016 (he would have won in a landslide)... but people from all sides seem to love misrepresenting him and hating his ideas.

• Ron
    Favorite Answer

Socialism are you cucking mental

• NiJo

The only way I would define Bernie as wanting to help the poor would be his desire to make them a less exclusive club. Which wouldn't make me feel any better if I was poor.

Helping the poor by giving them handouts with no strings attached is not helping them in the long run. I think we need to push for finishing high school and offering trade school is better. Teach a man how to do something and he has a way to support himself.

There is NO DOUBT that Bernie Sanders has influenced one hell of a lot of Americans. Yes, his ideas are sound and he is an intelligent and decent man, unlike Donald Trump.

I believe that Democrats will have to deal with him when it comes time to choose a candidate. there can always be a place for him in the new Democratic Administration.

• oikoσ

EVERYBODY wants a strong economy and claims to want to help the poor. Firstly, Bernie has a rather extreme way of wanting to achieve those aims. Secondly, being that far left is not going to get him elected. Roughly a third of Americans of voting age identify as Republicans and would not vote for him. Another third identify as Democrats and would. The election will be decided by the people who identify as independents and many of us find him too extreme. The young go for him because he promises the biggest handouts. We old farts realize that we will be the ones paying for it, just as we are the ones paying for Trump's mistakes.

• oikoσ

Forgiveness of college debts is not "focusing on the people who are actually having problems". The money has to come from somewhere. To Trump, that means borrowing more from China. What does that mean to you?

And, if he isn't "far left", who is? Putin?

It may have something to do with the $193 Trillion in unfunded , free stuff he is promising .

Source(s): We could tax everyone at 70% and still come up $192 Trillion short

Bernie Sanders' biggest competition is the Democrat establishment.

I agree with you.

Feel the Bern. We must elect a modern day FDR.

Two terms of Trump would do permanent damage to the country and world.

Biden, Harris and Buttigieg are too into gradual "centrist" change and records of corruption.

Warren's a fake progressive who shies away from the most important issue to many Americans: Single payer healthcare.

Bernie is the real deal.

I really like Andrew Yang too; but unlike Bernie he has no gov't experience. Even if his hallmark is UBI which is a revolutionary way of thinking, I have a feeling Bernie may steal the show by also supporting UBI.

I liked Bernie in 2016, he has become too far left in this run, he is advocating for Unionism, Unionism is what Marx proposed, nobody wants to go this far left, this is why anybody paying attention has dumped Bernie

because the country is run by the rich, who do not like Sanders

• Lolly

He is perfectly named: BS.