Anonymous

Responding to a job voicemail days later....?

I had a missed call and voicemail left on my phone on Monday about setting up an interview for a job I applied for. I was so busy with grad school and work that I completely forgot to call them back and now it’s going to be Thursday. I don’t want to call back if I’ll sound unprofessional. Is it a lost cause?

• ?

Its better to respond late than not at all.

What do you have to lose?

• Judy

You can call. They might have just moved on.

Its not great but I wouldn't say its a lost cause. May as well just call them back and tell them the truth - that you were really busy. Maybe they'll still give you an interview or maybe they won't, but no real harm in calling.

Hmm, respond late and maybe get a job.

Or don't respond and for sure don't get a job. (but you did not sound unprofessional)

No.

If you do not bother to call them back, then YOU look like a lost cause.

Make the phone call and connect with the caller. Apologize for getting this voice mail so late in the week and tell the person that you would appreciate it if he or she could set up your interview soon.

In this way, you sound sincere and responsible, something that employers want in an applicant.