How likely is it someone can become a quadriplegic and is it usually permanent? How do you even live a life!?!?

I just read a news story about s girl driving in her car to her job at Disney and a drunk driver rear ended her and she’s paralyzed from the neck down. That’s horrible I feel so bad for her. It so scary cause paralyzed from waist down is one thing, at least you can write, draw, hug people etc... but to not move... show more I just read a news story about s girl driving in her car to her job at Disney and a drunk driver rear ended her and she’s paralyzed from the neck down. That’s horrible I feel so bad for her. It so scary cause paralyzed from waist down is one thing, at least you can write, draw, hug people etc... but to not move anything? How would you not become suicidal after that?

Is this common to happen like cancer and such? If it does do people recover?