Patrick asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

Why is my kitten not eating or drinking?

My kitten is 1 year old and she is usually very perky and playful but just the other day I woke up to her being very unmoving and she hasn t eaten very much if at all. She isnt vomiting or having diarrhea I assume from not eating very much. Now all she does is lay around moving from time to time to different places. She still will let you pet her but she meows if you touch the base of her tail. She ll still raise her butt but clearly isnt happy with it. The vet I saw thinks its pancreatitis which seems just out of left field to me since she s never shown any sign of problems before. If anyone has anything similar please help me clarify what is going on

You need to go to a different vet and get blood tests done. Thats not ok. If you had a blood test done and thats why your vet thinks its pancreatitis....then listen to your vet.

take the cat to another vet have a complete blood panel done to know for sure.

i would have her checked for pancreitis if thats what the vet thinks it is

• Patrick6 months agoReport

He gave me antacids and special food for her. I guess my question is more has anyone had a cat that acted the same as my cat and had pancreatitis or something else and if so what was it