Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 6 months ago

Sealants and waxes - rewaxing after a few months?

I'm new to detailing and was thinking of looking into using sealants and waxes on my car.

If you clay, polish, seal and wax your car, how do you go about waxing it again a few months later? Are you supposed to do it all over again or is there a way to focus on the wax (because all that work sounds really daunting).

Or maybe should I start by applying a durable wax first and then think more about sealants later?

• don r

Wash it and wax it on top of the last wax.

Plenty of youtube videos on this matter.

No body clays anymore because hardly anybody get Lacquer paint jobs. Lacquer dries to a flat finish(not shiny)

Take an ordinary apple. The non shiny ones off a tree. Now pluck off that apple and rub the apple on your Jeans a lot. The dull apple now shines up to a mirror like polished finish. That is what clay does to flat car paint. It buffs it to a shiny finish. Then read the directions on the sealant and waxes. I don't use sealant. I just use wax and I put that on top of the shiny paint job and then polish that and it is a layer of protection on top to protect it from seagull poo and acid rain. I wax once a year. and rarely wash the car so the wax stays on. You CAN wax it more often if you want but there is BEER THAT NEEDS TO BE DRUNK and you are the only throat around....so "which matters more to you"? Waxing the car or banging your lady friend when she is breathing heavy?

Always follow the recommendations of the car maker, the paint maker, or the wax maker.