Why is writing a letter to the deceased one so powerful?

mom passed away years back home which is continents away.I lost contact with her during the last 2 years of her life. I didn't make an effort to write to her but unfortunately she got sick during that time and she died. I never got closure and I'm filled with guilt and regrets now that I'm older. I... show more mom passed away years back home which is continents away.I lost contact with her during the last 2 years of her life. I didn't make an effort to write to her but unfortunately she got sick during that time and she died. I never got closure and I'm filled with guilt and regrets now that I'm older.

I wrote a letter to her apologizing , things that were left unsaid , my regrets and things I've been doing to honor her memory. I feel forgiven even though I know she will never read it..however it didn't cure my grief. I still miss her terribly

I've been writing a letter to her on things left unsaid, my regrets and my guilt.