Me asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 6 months ago

Can someone please explain this Potter fire extinguisher dripping to me?

Can someone explain to me the dripping here. Why should there any dripping. What is causing it. It's a bit weird to me. The arrows shows the direction of water(I think) and the bottom arrow shows when there is connecting water to the outside which is dripping. If I shut down the water by pulling the brown handle the dripping stops.

Thanks!

The problem was there was a pressure relief valve at the end of the connecting pipe leading to the outside of the house where it was dripping. It looked so much like just an extension to the pipe that I did not even realize it's a valve. I poked through it and it got stock so I realized there must be something there! :) I replaced the valve.

Faulty joint/connection, by the sound of it. Find out exactly where it is coming from and have it fixed It may not be where the drip is appearing, water can run down a pipe and drip off the bottom.