Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Which is more true the Bible or evolution?

I went to catholic school during my childhood and they taught us both. I am not a catholic but I wonder if both could be true in a way. I sometimes do watch Fox News but cnn is cool too.

Favorite Answer

Modern science can now prove The Bible is more true.

Source(s): The God Yahweh our Intelligent Designer and the missing link in the chain of evolution.

A medieval novel like bible can't rivalise with something that is proven scientifically.

In clear, evolution is a fact with many many proofs: DNA, fossils, geology, dinosaurs' bones, etc.. While religions and sects are just beliefs without any evidence so far.

We also know that there will never be any of those, since when something doesn't exist, so you can't prove it.

The bible is 99% false (there actually is a desert and an ocean). Evolution is 100% true.

The Pope, John, I think, believed in evolution due to the evidence. He also believed in the Bible, just not a literal interpretation of it.

Personally, I don't think it's possible that the Bible could be the word of a Supreme Being. The one it describes is too foolish.

Let me try to make crystal clear what is established beyond reasonable doubt, and what needs further study, about evolution. Evolution as a process that has always gone on in the history of the earth can be doubted only by those who are ignorant of the evidence or are resistant to evidence, owing to emotional blocks or to plain bigotry. By contrast, the mechanisms that bring evolution about certainly need study and clarification. There are no alternatives to evolution as history that can withstand critical examination. Yet we are constantly learning new and important facts about evolutionary mechanisms.

- Theodosius Dobzhansky "Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution", American Biology Teacher vol. 35 (March 1973) reprinted in Evolution versus Creationism, J. Peter Zetterberg ed., ORYX Press, Phoenix AZ 1983

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." Isaac Asimov

Evolution is proven true by evidence in multiple scientific fields. The Bible is a book of myths and fables.

• poldi2

There is evidence for evolution.

There is none for the events in the Bible (creation, Noah's Flood, etc.).

evolution is a fact with mountains of evidence and we watched it happen (the theory of evolution is only there to explain the fact of evolution)

The Bible is written by drunken goat herders 2000 years ago, and is a myth, just like the Greek and Egyptian myths

• James

if God created the universe, and evolution is true, then God created evolution - pretty straight forward, actually.

• Everard

There's evidence for universe and evolution.
      There is no verifiable evidence for any gods.
      ~

Well they both cannot be true at least not all aspects because they contradict each other.

Like Evolution says earth is millions of years old, while Scriptures say it;s only about 6 thousands years old.

You can believe whatever you want, it's not really important, what's important is doing good to others and walking through the narrow gate.

• Lv 7

You can easily figure out the approximate age of earth using the genealogies that are listed in the Scriptures, which comes out to roughly 6 thousand years no where near the idiotic number of millions of years. But like I said im not going to argue about it, believe whatever you want, good day.