Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Christians how can I learn to love the lgbtq instead of bullying them?

Steven Anderson (pastor of faithful word baptist in Arizona) calls them sodomites and hates them. I think he is now a sexist after he criticized women for working

Favorite Answer

Read their stories? They are often broken people and it's how they cope.

I don't think you'd cut the legs off ducks? Or pelt a wounded bird?

See them the same.

Give them respect, acceptance as people, let them talk to you.

Don't judge.

How do WE KNOW?

You know the old Indian proverb about first walking 3 miles in their moccasins.

Bullying makes them want revenge. Natural, right?

I'm glad you're courageous enough to discuss this.

Hatred is never Christian.

Forgive the pastor's.

We don't know about THEM either.

I think it will be exciting for you.

Live in Christ

** AS COMMANDED "THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THY SELF"

Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." There is none other commandment greater than these. THAT IS VERY POWERFUL.

Everyone of us will face God on that final day, even all of our spiritual brothers and sisters will be there and regardless of our choices here, God may be disappointed but, His love is still there for us. We ALL will be judged accordingly but for those who love God, the commandments and loving our neighbors as our self will get a greater reward!

We ought always to live with reference to eternity, feeling full of kindness, benevolence, charity and long suffering to all.

I had never realized that loving myself was a commandment. I had always understood that self-love was important, but I believed the purpose of self-love was primarily to enable us to better serve others. While this is a true and important concept, self-love is also meant for us. I experienced a significant paradigm shift when I realized that God’s commandment to love and serve His children includes loving and serving ourselves—not only because self-love fills us with more love to give others, but also because He wants us to love ourselves the way He loves us.

Source(s): Christian LDS

I suppose some of them might be convinced to give up their hate. Stranger things have happened.

Research how the bible was translated to be homophobic and perhaps never was in the first place. Or research the root of Christian's hating homosexuality because of its connections to paganism at the time, and how some personal thoughts made their way into the bible.

• 2FollowHim

God is against but WE are to love. God is never against people.

• Ala

Pray. Ask God to help you learn to love the LGBTQ even though their behavior is wrong. Steven Anderson is not receiving his attitude from God.

It starts by loving individuals. Do you know anyone who is not strictly heterosexual? I bet you do. What do you think of those people as human beings? What do have in common with them? What do you like about them? What do you admire about them?