Why do i feel uncomfortable?

Quick note: Im 13

So, i just came but from the doctors. And i had an appointment for my genitals, there was a female and a male ( adults of course ). But, both of them looked at my...thing. And at one point the women touched it but she told me she was before she did. The male i think just looked. But my question is, why do i feel uncomfortable about it?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Genital exams can be embarassing and uncomfortable at any age whether you're male or female. Those are personal, private and vital organs and your instinct is to protect them. You really should learn the names of your parts, though, in case you have questions for the doctor. The website below may help.

Source(s): Kidshealth.org
    • Kiwi6 months agoReport

Yeah, i know my gentials names. It just makes me feel weird because there was a male looking at my vagina as well...

• 6 months ago

You may have been taught to feel that way.

• Kiwi6 months agoReport

No, i've always felt that way

• Rhona
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Because it is your genitals and you feel embarrassed about exposing them to other persons

• 6 months ago

Because thats a normal reaction to getting your genitals examined. I wouldn't stress out or worry about it too much.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

When the doctor has to check your genitals it's always a little uncomfortable as those are your privates. I believe they do these exams to make sure you are developing alright and your urethra is okay. They also probably check to see you do not have any...problems (STD's/STI's). It only gets worse as you get older as they check for hernias and later your prostate if you're a man.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.