Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 6 months ago

Why do guys keep telling me they don’t want to be friends?

So I have been looking for a guy friend for a very long time . I’m 18 btw , but anyways whenever I ask a guy do they want to be friends , they keep telling me it’s not possible and they can’t be friends with girls they find attractive. Any insight why??

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1. They don't want to hear you complain about other guys while they trying to have a relationship with you

2. If he is not getting a relationship or sex, then what is the point?

3. His definition of a friendship is different than yours

4. You never clarified what your definition of friends mean

• 6 months ago

Even though you want to be friends, they want to get in your pants. It is biology. You could try "friends with benefits".

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Give NICE GUYS a chance!

• 6 months ago

Probably because they find you attractive and want to pursue a relationship, and you saying you just want to be friends from the start removes their chance. Essentially you're shutting them down from the very start. It's your right to do, just be aware of it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Because their penises are too big. Cut them off.

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

If the guys you're referring to are about your age, they're being more honest than I would have been at that age! Most guys (certainly me) don't think with the head on their shoulders at 18; it's the head between their legs that does most of the thinking. Perhaps you're being so frank about what you want is putting them off; perhaps you're asking too soon? Try letting the situation and relationship grow organically and see how that works. If it's the right relationship; neither of you will have to ask, you'll know.

• ?6 months agoReport

I’ve tried that but then they start talking about going on dates , being their gf , kissing etc .. when they ask to go on a date or hang out . I say “ just as friends right??” And they true intentions come out

• 6 months ago

They are horny virgins.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Because their minds are in the gutter.

• God
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If you asked them if they wanted to hose you the answer would be different.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.