Besides the obvious, what are some good egg based dishes?

Obvious being scrambled, hard boiled, poached, omelet, toad in the hole, etc

Oh, and meatless.

Spanish style potato & egg omelette. Piperade, a french dish. Huevos Rancheros. Eggs Benedict. Certainly,Croque Monsieur.

• Mark

Strata, which is SORT of like savoury French toast.

Egg in the hole:

A thick slice of bread with a small circle cut out of it, you fry it in a pan and then crack an egg in the hole, Fry both sides then eat ENJOY :)

• Katie

There is a dish were cheese sauce is poured over quartered boiled eggs. Then grated cheese is sprinkled over the top and the lot is grilled.

• geezer

ile flottante (floating islands)

It's a dessert that uses the whole egg.

Basically Meringue (poached, not baked) .. using the whites

floating on a thin creamy Custard .. using the yolks

with a Caramel Sauce drizzled over.

Fried egg or basted egg. Basted eggs are really good and perfect yolks in my opinion, you just put a tablespoon of water in the pan and put a lid over it so it traps the steam inside and gets a nice pink yolk on top.

Soufflés/quiche

There’s also cloud eggs which are keto but I’ve never tried those.

I’m a huge fan of fritattas, crustless quiches. I use lots of veges and cheese, they keep well in the fridge, can be used and breakfast, lunch or dinner, can be made with all sorts of whatever you have left in the fridge, are convenient and can be eaten out of hand while driving to work as necessary or be an easy lunch to grab on my way out the door.

Quiche is good too, I just don’t need the carbs from the crust.

Years ago a new hot bar for breakfast opened in a health food store near my home. They had fritattas but they were cooked by different people and some of the chefs weren’t so good...so I started making my own to my own taste.

I did french onion flavored fritattas with Swiss or grueyer cheese, italian flavored, mexican, ham and cheese, mushroom and spinach, chorizo and vegetable, bacon, you name it, I made a fritatta with it. I would typically use a good amount of veges (even leftover cooked potatoes) often blanched or pre cooked, meats, cheeses, whatever else, and 9 eggs and cook them in a large skillet. I’d be starting on the stove top and finishing in the oven. This fritatta would get cut into 6-8 pieces.

Sometimes I would use loaf pans and cut them into slices, especially with the vegetable ones, I could place the veges in a way to make beautiful stained glass window type slices.

I know you listed scrambled but have you tried scrambled egg on top of rice with hot sauce and plenty of salt and pepper?

Quiche

Souffle

Egg Salad sandwiches

Deviled Eggs

Quiche Loraine is a good choice.