I have a credit score of 299 in the UK. Is this bad and how the **** do I fix it if it is, I don't want to get a credit card and be in?

more trouble, why is it so hard to get step by step options on how to fix these things. I am 21 I didn't overspend massively but it was enough to not be able to pay multiple bills on time when I started earning. Also just clumsiness with certain data and handling purchases may have hurt my credit or attempting... show more more trouble, why is it so hard to get step by step options on how to fix these things. I am 21 I didn't overspend massively but it was enough to not be able to pay multiple bills on time when I started earning. Also just clumsiness with certain data and handling purchases may have hurt my credit or attempting phone contracts in the past etc.

If this is bad please just tell me what I need to actually do to get from 299 to 700 over time, I know it doesn't take 5 minutes, just ******* tell me what needs to be done and I'll do it
Update: I also don't want to keep checking it and affect it and I also have no idea what im talking about