Why is John Cena saying that WWE doesn't need him anymore?

The WWE are having their ratings and ticket sales at an all time low. And now they have gotten some new competition in the form of AEW. And John Cena is saying things like. 'WWE doesn't need me anymore. They needed me back then, but they don't need me anymore'. If anything, The WWE needs him now and... show more The WWE are having their ratings and ticket sales at an all time low. And now they have gotten some new competition in the form of AEW. And John Cena is saying things like. 'WWE doesn't need me anymore. They needed me back then, but they don't need me anymore'. If anything, The WWE needs him now and didn;t need him back then. As a matter of fact. Many fans from the attitude era stopped watching WWE when John Cena became the top star. If anything he was bad to the company. But now even more fans have left. And John Cena is a big star and he could help them out. But now is when he is saying they don't need him anymore. John Cena is showing that he is out for himself. And that is why I respect John Cena. It's every man for himself out there.
5 answers 5