Alyssa asked in HealthWomen's Health · 6 months ago

Endometriosis?

So, I'm on my period and honestly I am very paranoid when it concerns health. I googled endometriosis and it highlighted the symptoms most women have during a regular period, I had cramps for awhile until I took midol and they lessened but they're still a small, dull ache so I looked it up and it said painful periods are a sign of endo, but I always have panful periods. Can someone tell me what true endometriosis consists of?

• Pippin

Cramps are very common. Most (not all) women have them, and most women do NOT have endometriosis. If you suspect it, you can talk to your doctor about it. There are tests that may be able to diagnose it.

• Tavy

We ALL have cramps during a period, it is normal. The womb contracts to get rid of the lining, some of us are in agony. It is normal. this condition causes abnormal very heavy bleeding. You don't have it.

• Pippin

She COULD have endometriosis. Nobody here can say either way.

I went to see the doctor and he told me I had it. I suggest you do the same.

I had to have a hysterectomy.