What can my friend and I do for Thanksgiving and Christmas ?

My roommate, Sam, and I usually go to his sister's house for Thanksgiving and Christmas . We usually ignore all the other holidays . The trouble is that Sam and his sister aren't on very good terms, and he's a heartbeat away from giving her up forever . This Christmas, Sam's sister had a few... show more My roommate, Sam, and I usually go to his sister's house for Thanksgiving and Christmas . We usually ignore all the other holidays . The trouble is that Sam and his sister aren't on very good terms, and he's a heartbeat away from giving her up forever . This Christmas, Sam's sister had a few screwdrivers so she had a "buzz" . Sam isn't used to drunk people, so he was embarrassed . I don't know what we can do for Thanksgiving and Christmas if he gives his sister up . I went to the local homeless shelter for Thanksgiving and Christmas for a couple of years, and I refuse to do that ever again . I don’t have enough money to go to a guest ranch or to any of my cousins . One friend of mine said we could stay home, but we spend every evening at home, and we want to do something different when it's a holiday . There's no point in making an entire Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas dinner for two people, and I refuse to have frozen waffles for Thanksgiving dinner ! Sam and I are both men, and I HATE man -- only situations ! If Sam's son joined us, that'd still be a man -- only situation . NOW -- If Sam gives up on his sister, what can we do for Thanksgiving and Christmas ? Thank you in advance for your answers .
Update: We can't afford to go on a vacation for Thanksgiving or Christmas . I say Sam should work things out with his sister, get used to people who are drunk, and go to his sister's house for the holidays until the end of time . If that doesn't work out, we have to decide what to do now for these holidays .
Update 2: The last time I asked this question, it was January, and somebody asked “You have all year to think about this . Why worry about it now ?” . If you want a good Thanksgiving or a good Christmas, you have to make your plans months in advance, and you CAN’T start too early !
Update 3: I don't need any "funny" answers or "jerk" answers !!
Update 4: Okay -- I hardly ever meet any "lonely old people" or "someone who needs a friend" . How do I find any "lonely old people" or "someone who needs a friend" in time for Thanksgiving or Christmas ?
Update 5: Don't tell me "No sane person is worried about Christmas now ." ! It might as well be three days before Thanksgiving or December twentieth for all the time I have ! If you want a good Thanksgiving or a good Christmas, you have to make your plans months in advance, and you CAN’T start too early ! The... show more Don't tell me "No sane person is worried about Christmas now ." ! It might as well be three days before Thanksgiving or December twentieth for all the time I have ! If you want a good Thanksgiving or a good Christmas, you have to make your plans months in advance, and you CAN’T start too early ! The nerve of some people !