scott asked in TravelAir Travel · 6 months ago

Is it legal for a minor to be in possession of cbd oil cartridges?

Im going on a trip soon and i also have really bad anxiety and as many of you know, cbd can be very helpful for that. Ill be going on a plane by myself and i found out cbd products are allowed on planes but i wasnt sure if its legal for me to possess it. Does anyone know if ill be ok to take it on a plane?

Quickest way to get answer

TSA is looking for bombs, not drugs. Put it in your checked bag and don't worry about it. The TSA also isn't there to enforce laws about underaged smoking, drinking, etc. They don't care as it isn't their job

• John

I don't actually know, at all. If I were to guess, it would be that Federal law still calls all cannabis illegal, and airplanes are subject to federal law. That doesn't mean they would do anything necessarily.

Well, I will leave that. But below is much more clear. Reading is good for you:

https://cbdorigin.com/traveling-with-cbd-by-plane/

I would say, just to be safe, take some kind of proof from your doctor saying that it’s ok for you to have it for medical reasons.

• Brian

I'd double check with the Airline you will be using. But in general, as long as you ha a prescription for it, they normally allow it.