A student of mine told me that due to their anorexia, they have trouble focusing and concentrating. Is this true?

She told me she has a hard time studying in the evenings because she exercises excessively so when she comes home she is exhausted and hungry. She was confiding these feelings to me and she is so beautiful that it broke my heart. Is this normal among sufferers? She is so put together, beautiful, and clean looking.... show more She told me she has a hard time studying in the evenings because she exercises excessively so when she comes home she is exhausted and hungry. She was confiding these feelings to me and she is so beautiful that it broke my heart. Is this normal among sufferers?
She is so put together, beautiful, and clean looking. She said it started one day when she was at her boyfriends birthday dinner and she found out in front of his entire family that he lied to her and the family all started smirking at her. She said something switched inside her to tell her she wasn't good enough. She told me she brought over a gift for her boyfriend that same evening and one for his mother who also happened to be celebrating her birthday as well. She said the boyfriends family would almost emotionally bully her. She is one of the kindest students and I feel horrible for her. Can one event cause something like this?
0